PC Support offered...

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.

PC Support offered...

Post by Guest »

Hi All,

I am trying to get some work as being a PC Technician, but due to my disability I am unable to work anywhere locally due to buildings not being wheelchair friendly. I have learned alot about PC's by teaching myself mostly as this is the easiest way for me.

Last weekend a friend of mine who I chat to on Yahoo messenger asked me if I could fix her Yahoo and Yazak chat clients as none of them would work properly. I said sure I would, so I remotely connected to her pc using XP's remote desktop feature, since I'm in the UK and she's in New York. It took me about 6hrs to nail down the problem. I was on here from 12am till after 6am sorting out her PC, and she paid me for doing a good job.

I like being able to help people with their PC problems, as it gives me some work to do. I also build PC's with my Brother's help, he does the hardware part and I do the software side of things. I do make a charge per hour at £10 or about $20, since its my time and eletric I'm using, if anyone feels this is too much for online support then I'm willing to negotiate the cost per hour.

So, if anyone want some help at anytime, I'm mostly availible at hand :D

Steve
Sandells
K6'er

Post by Sandells »

Damn that was my post above, but I forgot to log in. Duh meeeeeeee! :oops:

Steve
tazwegion
Veteran K6'er

Post by tazwegion »

How are your electronic skillZ?

popped capacitors are common, and relatively easy to fix... there's gold in them thar' cap's :banana
Sandells
K6'er

Post by Sandells »

Hi Taz.

I'd say that'd be a job for my Brother to do, as I'm unable to use my hands. I'll ask him and see what he thinks about repairing blown caps on motherboards.

Thanks for your ideas Taz.

Steve
tazwegion
Veteran K6'er

Post by tazwegion »

No problems Steve... keep up the positive business ideas ;)