Toast...

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
feizex
Veteran K6'er

Toast...

Post by feizex »

Meta tags are not allowed <p></p><i></i>
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

???

Post by Mr Toastz »

I don't understand. And Nohr handles the page code these days!<br><br>As for this forum, well that's EZBoard and not us.<br><br>??? <p></p><i></i>
feizex
Veteran K6'er

I think that was an error message

Post by feizex »

Meta tags are not allowed <p></p><i></i>
feizex
Veteran K6'er

it was an error message

Post by feizex »

Here's my post <> removed:<br><br>B4 you were talking about having a no-frames site.<br><br>In a browser that doesn't support frames, does the sidebar turn up?<br><br>If so we could just put a link there for the welcome screen. Or have we already done this.<br><br>Also I think the Meta-keywords could do with some optimisation. (Trying to be constructive here =)<br><br>Currently:<br>meta name="keywords" content="K6, Socket 7, K62, Super7, K63, MVP3, K62+, AlladinV, K63+, SIS 530, K6-2, Alladin7, K6-III, MVP4, K6-2+, SIS540, K6-III+, SS7, K6-III, Pentium, K6-III, K6Plus"<br><br>I am thinking that for search engines, they depend on an exact match for result ranking, and they may only search the first few keywords(not sure). Capitals may or may not be important but most people search in lowercase.<br><br>Optimised:<br>meta name="keywords" content="k6plus, amd, k6, k6+, k6-III, k6-3, k6-III+, k6-3+, k6-II, k6-2, k6-2+, k6-II+, socket 7, ss7, super socket 7, sis, via, ali, aladdin, mvp3, mvp4, aladdinV, aladdin7, aladdin5, SiS 540, SiS 530, HX, BX, TX, VX, MMX"<br><br>Also may be useful to include the values as text somewhere on the first page, though it doesn't have to be visible (black on black or really small) cos search engine may look at page contents. <p></p><i></i>
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

Still not my department...

Post by Mr Toastz »

Yeah, we have those search keywords at the top of the html page for index.htm I think (it's been too long and Nohr has made some changes to get .php to work).<br><br>www.k6plus.net will eventually forward directly to the news page (without the frame), as soon as I decide to pay for the forwarding. Short of changing our dixiesys account (and losing the two for one deal) this is the only way apparently I can make this work.<br><br>So we should have search keywords at the top of both index.htm and welcome.php I would think...<br><br>Is this what you mean? Is this implemented Nohr? <p></p><i></i>
feizex
Veteran K6'er

what do they give us now?

Post by feizex »

I know we have www.k6plus.com and forums.k6plus.com <br><br>So why not have news.k6plus.com? <p></p><i></i>
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

I'm not opposed to that...

Post by Mr Toastz »

Nohr can easily set up another subdomain when he gets a chance.<br><br>Or, if you go to forum.k6plus.com first and then use the navbar at the top to get to the news page, you get the news window without the frame... <p></p><i></i>
feizex
Veteran K6'er

OK.

Post by feizex »

My browser does frames, I was just asking out of interest. <p></p><i></i>