Laser Printer recommendations?

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
His Royal Majesty King V
Veteran K6'er

Laser Printer recommendations?

Post by His Royal Majesty King V »

All,<br><br>Well, looks like my old printer's about to drop dead.<br><br>Actually, probably just needs a new toner cartridge and photoconductor, and some problem about it jamming all the time every time. So I figure I don't feel like dumping any money into it. Plus it's a Windows printer that has the driver do all its thinking for it.<br><br>So, I'm looking for a new laser printer. Want to keep it relatively inexpensive, and I want one that's more or less OS-agnostic . . has its own memory and does its own thinking.<br><br>First off, what sort of RAM modules do these printers use? Also, would you all recommend going with one that uses a parallel or a USB cable?<br><br>Finally, brands/models you recommend? Keep in mind also toner cartridge availability, or better yet, ability to refill the toner cartridge myself.<br><br>Or, any website that has a recent review of home laser printers?<br><br>All recommendations/advice greatly appreciated.<br><br>And for those asking, no I am NOT AT ALL interested in any inkjet printers. <p>--------------------<br>FIC PA-2013 2.0 E-O036, K6-2+ 450 @ 500 1.9V<br><br>FIC PA-2013 2.0 E-O036, K6-III 333 @ 350 2.2V<br><br>Acer Quasi-proprietary Mid-Tower with P-II 266</p><i></i>
FIC PA-2103 E-O036, K6-2+ 450 2.0V @ 500 1.9V
FIC PA-2013 E-O036, K6-III 450 2.2V @ 500
Acer quasi-proprietary Mid-tower, P-II 266