Profanity.....

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
AZK6er
Veteran K6'er

Profanity.....

Post by AZK6er »

Something to think about ....<br><br>"Profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully."<br><br>It turns people OFF...... Kind of like Kissing you're sister. <br><br>(Sorry, for those people with a family tree with NO branches)<br>____________________<br>a.k.a. Desert Dog<br>From the Arizona Desert<br><br>Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word,<br>unless you connect @ 24000 all day.<br><br>--------------------<br>AMD K6-III 450+ o/c to 600 @ 2.0 Vcore<br>Tyan S1590S AT100<br>Award BIOS 162005096 1998<br>V90W116c Flash<br>V90j116c Over Flash<br>3DFX Socket-AHO heatsink w/ADDA 28cfm fan<br>3DFX Case80HO 80mm front Fan<br>Arctic Silver Thermal Compound<br>256MB Crucial CL2 PC100<br>Promise Ultra100 IDE Controller<br>WD 300BB 30GB ATA-100/7200 (SI-Soft = 21985)<br>Radeon VE 32MB DDR (not a gamers card, 3DMark2000 = 1250)<br>U.S.Robotics 56K Win Int 1125-04 R:2<br>SB Live X-Gamer<br>USB Scanner/Printer/Optical mouse<br>Belkin 4 port USB hub<br>Windows Millennium (most excellent)<br><br>K6-er since 5/4/99<br>____________________ <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub70.ezboard.com/uazk6er.showPu ... >AZK6er</A> at: 6/13/01 5:45:39 pm<br></i>
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

Please remember the Kiddies...

Post by Mr Toastz »

I have had an email hit my inbox regarding the excessive swearing on this site. I would ask that you use those words sparingly, remembering that there are some K6'ers of young age and/or from more conservative backgrounds.<br><br>We have better things to do than change wording on posts, but if we have to start changing profanity to "Great Caesar's Ghost!" or other such due to things getting out of hand...just make the effort to keep this forum friendly and enjoyable for everyone frequenting it please! <p></p><i></i>
NeO bLuE
Newbie K6'er

Re: Profanity.....

Post by NeO bLuE »

hay you dont have to diss on the profanity users to get your point through, thats just as bad <p></p><i></i>
AZK6er
Veteran K6'er

Re: Profanity.....

Post by AZK6er »

No worries.<br><br>I was talking to an old boy a few years ago when he interupted me in mid sentence with that "Profanity is the attempt ...." line. I just kind of stood there and looked at him for a while until I realized he was talking about MY language. It had become such a habbit with me that I didn't even realize that I was doing it. Anyway, I remembered it word for word cause at the time I thought "I bet the old F**t stayed up ALL night thinking that one up just to use on me the next time we talked", but I did think that it was kind of neat. So every once in a while I use it when I think the time is right, just to throw people off and make them think that I am smarter than I really am (I didn't gradeate High School, went into the ARMY in '69 and got shipped overseas for a year). I wasn't trying to urinate in anyone's mess-kit, just thought it would bring a smile to a few folks thats all.<br><br>Don't anyone take me too serious, I'm just a regular guy that is on here to have some fun and maybe learn something along the way, but I do like to cut up and see if I get a rise out of folks sometimes, I don't sit in no ivory tower and try to legislate morality to no one, just shoot'in the feecees (?) so to speek. Here's another one ... "If you can't DAZZLE them with brilliance, then BAFFLE them with bull***t". That's me.<br><br>I ain't no chior boy, beleave me, so I'm the LAST one to jump someone for what they say or do.<br><br>Appologies from this end if that was how it was percieved.<br><br>____________________<br>a.k.a. Desert Dog<br>From the Arizona Desert<br><br>Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word,<br>unless you connect @ 24000 all day.<br><br>--------------------<br>AMD K6-III 450+ o/c to 600 @ 2.0 Vcore<br>Tyan S1590S AT100<br>Award BIOS 162005096 1998<br>V90W116c Flash<br>V90j116c Over Flash<br>3DFX Socket-AHO heatsink w/ADDA 28cfm fan<br>3DFX Case80HO 80mm front Fan<br>Arctic Silver Thermal Compound<br>256MB Crucial CL2 PC100<br>Promise Ultra100 IDE Controller<br>WD 300BB 30GB ATA-100/7200 (SI-Soft = 21985)<br>Radeon VE 32MB DDR (not a gamers card, 3DMark2000 = 1250)<br>U.S.Robotics 56K Win Int 1125-04 R:2<br>SB Live X-Gamer<br>USB Scanner/Printer/Optical mouse<br>Belkin 4 port USB hub<br>Windows Millennium (most excellent)<br><br>K6-er since 5/4/99<br>____________________<br> <p></p><i></i>
bronx69
Junior K6'er

Profanity

Post by bronx69 »

Profanity..... lol<br>i use it alot but i try to keep it in context <br>eg.. don't tell you boss to go BLEEEEEEEEEEP him self unless you want to get fired.<br>but on the streets of NYC you tell eveybody to go,.... well you get the point. <p></p><i></i>