Free in Toronto area - K6/3-450 / Asus P5A-B combo

Discussion relating to Socket 7 hardware.
animalk6
Newbie K6'er

Free in Toronto area - K6/3-450 / Asus P5A-B combo

Post by animalk6 »

I have a barebones K6 setup that I gave away to friends several years ago and I recently got back again when the HDD died and they bought a new PC. I did some testing since I got it back using a working 20G HDD and it worked OK, but I have no real use for it. I hate to toss working hardware away so if you're based in the Toronto area and can pick it up locally you can take it off my hands for free. I live in Burlington and work in Mississauga.

The base system is K6/3-450 on an Asus P5A-B mobo, in a generic beige AT case with ATX PSU and a CoolerMaster Socket7 HSF.

THERE IS NO HDD INCLUDED

If you want I will throw in any or all of the following:

2 x 256M sticks of PC133 SDRAM
AGP video card (32M GeForce 2)
PCI Sound Card (SB PCI128)
Generic 16X DVD-ROM drive

No guarantee it's still working but as I said, I was able to get it working a while back with a good HDD, and it looks from the forums like some of you would enjoy tinkering with it to get it going. I'm almost positive the floppy controller is toast, but the rest should be OK. I think it is also limited by the bios version (1008) to HDD's < 32G and without a working floppy I cannot flash the bios to a newer version that supports bigger HDD's.

I really want to give it away intact rather than parting it out. If you're interested please email me at chrisjones@sympatico.ca and we can see about getting it into your hands.

Here is my ebay and heatware feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... TRK:ME:UFS

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=38979
Cthulhu8u
Junior K6'er

Post by Cthulhu8u »

I should say big thanks for the CPU, picked it up last week :) . I have yet to install it, but definitely going to be done by this holiday season.
ASUS P5A-B rev 1.04 (bios 1011 beta 02)
AMD K6-2+ 500
256 Mb RAM
3Dfx Voodoo 4 4500
Maxtor 6Gb HD
LG 52x CD-RW
SyQuest EZ 135 internal drive
D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC
Generic PCI Soundcard
Lots of stickers...