k6 2+ black screen

Discussion relating to Socket 7 hardware.
rdrdr
Newbie K6'er

k6 2+ black screen

Post by rdrdr »

HI. I'm trying to get a k6 2+ 450 to work in my super 7 board. the machine wont even boot and the screen stays black. The jumpers are set right and I just had it working with a 550 cpu. Any help would be great. <p></p><i></i>

Old Elf
Senior K6'er

Re: k6 2+ black screen

Post by Old Elf »

Set your jumpers to 3x<br>and see if it will boot.<br>also set Vcore to less than 2.1V.<br>if it works it may say 66mmx or<br>the likes of 133....<br>elf<br> <p></p><i></i>

rdrdr
Newbie K6'er

Re: k6 2+ black screen

Post by rdrdr »

yep that did it, thanks. I used k6speed to change multiplier but I can't start it from the icon in the startup menu. I have to go to the folder that I loaded it to and start it from there. Error tells me there is a problem loading VxD. Is this normal? Thanks again. <p></p><i></i>

Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

You have to have K6Speed in a certain place...

Post by Mr Toastz »

I seem to remember I had to put the K6Speed.exe file in the C: folder somewhere - it would not work off of my D: partition. This may be related to your problem. <p></p><i></i>

io333
K6'er Elite

Re: You have to have K6Speed in a certain place...

Post by io333 »

uninstall it completely, and then log out and log back in as administrator, install it, run it, and then log back in normally. k6speed MUST be run the first time as administrator or the registry is screwed up <p></p><i></i>