Swapping power supplys on the VA-503+ (ATX to AT)

Discussion relating to Socket 7 hardware.
mulvihill
Senior K6'er

Swapping power supplys on the VA-503+ (ATX to AT)

Post by mulvihill »

I have now, after reformatting about 7 times, managed to set up this VA-503+ on an ATX 300 Watt power supply. It is in very stable condition. I have it set up with:<br>JE4333 BIOS<br>ACPI <br>K6-2+@500<br>Win98SE<br>Radeon 7000 (VE)<br>15.3 G Maxtor @ 5400<br>One stick of "funky PC100 (Kingston)128<br>One stick of Infineon PC133 128<br>Asus 56x CDRom<br>LG combo burner & DVD Rom<br>Creative PCI 128<br>Diamond Supra Express 56i v90<br><br>The original plan, however, was to set this board up and then swap it into an AT box now occupied by a P55T2P4 which is going into drydock for modifications. <br>One of the things I learned while setting up the 503 was that all the good advice that I got along the way had to be sorted out according to which power supply you were starting out with. For instance, it appears that ACPI management is pretty much out of the question when setting up on an AT ps. You either have to use the modded JE4333.apm to force APM or use a /pi or /pj switch when loading windows to disable ACPI. This leads me to doubt the feasibility of the original plan.<br>Has anyone ever done this? Is it possible? Am I starting over from square one? Opinions please. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub70.ezboard.com/umulvihill.sho ... lvihill</A> at: 9/14/02 8:27:23 am<br></i>