removed

Discuss software and how to tweak more performance out of your system.
Jim
K6'er Elite

removed

Post by Jim »

removed
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
DasMan2

Post by DasMan2 »

Those are some interesting little programs, half I have used and some I use now or another version of it.

Super CPU Boost = 5 settings, but I wonder if it is nothing more than adjusting the CPU Priority number in the Registry . (0,1,2,3,4)
I found adjusting this number helped in my AMD K6-III 450+ machine, maybe the way it handles extra cache. Mine is set on 2 .

Got to try some of the others , thanks for the posting :)
Jim
K6'er Elite

Post by Jim »

removed
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

(software) cpu cooler is not needed on XP (but on win98)... standard functionality in XP
Jim wrote:If you know how to use these things, please share the wealth. Me I am just getting my feet wet at this sort of thing. The info posted was drawn from the readme's. NOT experience. I have all of them; and others downloaded; and haven't got a clue how to use them.

Edit: Most of them if not all may be downloaded from this site :

http://www.turbo.bizhosting.com/9x%20hacks.htm/ Compliments of Bronx69.
Jim
K6'er Elite

Post by Jim »

removed
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

interesting.... you change the fsb on a socket 7 baord with this tool?
you have checked it with a benchmark?

(because i thought its not possible to change the fsb per software on socket7 chipsets)

Jim wrote:Well if you are running a DFI K6BV3+/66 Rev B1 or B2, Unfortunateately you do need CPU Cool if you wnat to overclock the FSB. Because it can only be done through software; - there are no FSB overclock settings either on the board or in the bios. BUT with CPU Cool; Voila! - there they are: 103, 112, 115, 120, 124, 133, 140, & 150!!
Jim
K6'er Elite

Post by Jim »

removed
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: WP Credit, RegClean 4.1, Increase CPU Speed, Tweak Bios,

Post by Guest »

better alternative to the far outdated regcleaner by MS

and this one is safe also for xp
RegCleaner (NOT by MS) v4.3 b780
http://www.bmcgroup.sk/freesoft/info/?id=345

Jim wrote:
RegClean 4.1: Is an old Microsoft Registry Cleaner which is supposed to get rid of multiple itterations of the same entry. I ran it under 98 with no ill effects, but this thing dates from 1997. Is it safe with XP??
sylvan2626
Senior K6'er

Post by sylvan2626 »

I have been playing around with these SS7 CPUs and motherboards for several months now, first on a PC CHIPS M598 board and then on an EPoX EP-MVP3G2. I picked up a lot of info from a couple of users at the PC Chips Lottery BBS.

I want to use a software FSB adjuster (like SoftFSB or CoolFSB) to further experiment with my PC CHIPS board.

As I read more about the use of the programs, it seems as if you first have to identify the PLL on the board, and then track down the chip's specs to determine what MHz settings (FSB Settings) the PLL supports that may not be in the jumper/BIOS options. Those "unlisted" FSB options then become your valid options in the software FSB adjuster and that software has to support the specific PLL version.

So here's my problem -- the PLL on my PC CHIPS board is an ASD chip part number AE71C604-37 (date code 9835). I have Googled and Yahooed the number and "ASD" unsuccessfully for a couple of weeks now. Does anyone have any info or know where I can get any info on this PLL?

In the for "what it's worth" category, I'm running WAMonitor (with MRTouch) and K6Speed on the PC Chips board and am using a K6-III+ 450ACZ overclocked to 600MHz. I use K6Speed for the opposite of it intended purpose. I can boot up and run stably at 600MHz, but 3 of my programs crash at that speed when I attempt to run them. I use K6Speed to REDUCE the CPU's MHz to 550MHz in order to run those applications! OS is Win2000Pro.