Any tweaks

Discuss software and how to tweak more performance out of your system.
Fimpel
Newbie K6'er

Any tweaks

Post by Fimpel »

I'm new here and have a question. <br>Specs<br>Compaq 7470<br>amd k-6<br>533 mhz<br>128 ram (8 for onboard video) <br>Creative GeForce Mx 2 32 mb DDR video card <br><br>I'm running 12.41 Denator drivers<br>new 4 in 1 drivers<br><br>My benchmark in 3dmark 2000v 1.1 is 2160 to 2215 no oc<br>when I oc card 192/340 its 2262.<br><br>Is there anything else that will increase benchmark or is that all about this system will do?<br><br>BTW I don't know much about computers can you oc a computer with FSB only (program).<br><br>Paul<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub70.ezboard.com/ufimpel.showPu ... >Fimpel</A> at: 7/15/01 8:59:41 am<br></i>
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

Have some questions about your setup

Post by Mr Toastz »

Any idea what CPU you are using? (K62, K6III, etc?). This can have a big impact on your 3dmark benches.<br><br>Did you disable your onboard video in the BIOS? If not, then you will be running both card and onboard video at same time, lowering your available CPU cycles for both.<br><br>12.41 is not the best driver for DirectX7, but works better with 3DMark 2K1 and DirectX8. (7.97 gives slightly higher scores for 3DMark 2000). No need to change this out as we are only talking a percentage point or two here.<br><br>I don't know much about your Compaq board so I am not sure what to tell you. If you use SiSoft Sandra (benchmarking utility) you can often determine the Manufacturer.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra">www ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Let us know,<br><br>Mr Toast<br>p.s. apologies for missing this earlier...busy weekend! <p></p><i></i>
Fimpel
Newbie K6'er

Re: Have some questions about your setup

Post by Fimpel »

533 MHz AMD K-6® 2 processor with 3D NOW!TM technology.<br>VIA MVP4.<br><br>When I disable on board video I get a conflict in Device Manager.. system board extension for ACPI BIOS.<br>I've followed help to resolve conflicts with no help. But it also states that even showing a conflict there still my not cause a problem. So play awhile and see what happens?<br>On another board they say you have to flash BIOS to get rid of conflict.<br><br>I have DirectX 8.<br><br>Thanks Paul<br><br> <p></p><i></i>