Site features on-the-move...

Post your thoughts and suggestions about any part of the site.
tazwegion
Veteran K6'er

Post by tazwegion »

Nohr wrote:Oh you mean PM (Private Message). :idea:

In Firefox I have a horizontal scrollbar nearly all the time no matter what size my browser window is. However it's nowhere near that wide for me, only maybe around 25 pixels extra of white space off to the right. I've yet to figure out why it's doing that in Firefox. IE doesn't seem to have that problem.

Do you have the same problem in IE? What screen resolution are you using?
Yup that's it private messages :lol:

Well I'm using Linux now, so I can't check IE resolutions... but in firefox it's 1280 X 1024... and since today the pages have been loading @ 100% everytime, most curious :shock: but I notice the latest posts feature no longer scolls :(
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I had to disable scrolling for now. The scrolling has been causing problems since restoring my backup after the site downtime. Not sure what's wrong but I decided to just turn it off until I got more time to look at it.
DonPedro
K6'er Elite

Post by DonPedro »

hello nohr,

I can not find the button for uploading pictures to be attached to a posting. could you give me a hint?
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

You can't do it in the quick reply box. You need to use the "New Topic" or "Post Reply" buttons. Both have an "Attachment Posting Control Panel" below the message box.
DonPedro
K6'er Elite

Post by DonPedro »

:? I seem to be off tracks.

under the message box I am just writing in are 4 options I can choose to enable/disable. and then there is the prieview and the submit button.

please guide me where to look, sorry for being so incapable to see the obvious :oops:
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Hmm okay. It seems the attachment function has some bugs. Sorry for the confusion, I'll have to work on it some more.
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Okay, lets try this again. Attachments ARE working now! Like I mentioned before, max of 150KB and 3 attachments per post.

On the New Topic and Post Reply pages you should now see the Attachment Posting Control Panel. It's between the message box and the topic review.
DonPedro
K6'er Elite

Post by DonPedro »

aaaaahhhhhh :D

now thats really cool, posting goes like a breeze!
Attachments
my K6 gets hot, but I don't have a picture of it to show you, but, hey wait, I can't hold my real horse ;)
my K6 gets hot, but I don't have a picture of it to show you, but, hey wait, I can't hold my real horse ;)
MWSnap 2005-07-27, 16_50_47 256c.png (47.06 KiB) Viewed 16089 times
DonPedro
K6'er Elite

Post by DonPedro »

I beg your pardon for posting k6-unrelated material here, that was just to express my excitment but also to see the new functionality in action!

question: is there a way to add text below the picture or is (are) the picture(s) always placed after the text at the end of a post? I am just thinking that if one for example takes 2 or 3 screenshots and wants to decscribe what is seen, it would be meaningful to be able to add also some text after the pictures (like in an article).