I have a software issue with K6 system-will K7 fix?

Discuss software and how to tweak more performance out of your system.
Mr Toastz
K6'er Elite

I have a software issue with K6 system-will K7 fix?

Post by Mr Toastz »

Hey all!<br><br>I have a program I am currently working with (Future Beat 3D). It mixes 64 .wav tracks into one recording, and has some control over positional sound and such.<br><br>This was included with my Aureal SQ2500, and playback over headphones/speakers does have the 'stereo' adjustments I make. However, when I use the record feature that the program has, I get a mono recording, which is very annoying!<br><br>I saw mentioned here that Pentium III & 4 systems are better for sound editing, due to the software being optimized for them. However, someone mentioned that the latest Athlons (with the add'l SSE as well as MMX instructions) should overcome this problem.<br><br>Can anyone verify this? Does anyone have similar software that works great on P III/IV systems but has glitches with their Athys/Durons? <p></p><i></i>
blue
Site Admin

uh

Post by blue »

I have heard of other sound programs not working with the k6 that ended up working with athlons, and yes you should get an XP cpu so you can use the SSE(for photoshop or audio stuff). <p></p><i></i>
p3 1ghz laptop
geforce2 go
256mb ram
Old Elf
Senior K6'er

Good one toast

Post by Old Elf »

you should not have a stereo/mono problem.....<br>but the new sse will speed up your work....<br>i see the morgan 1.0gig for around 40-50$<br>my xp333 mobo is at around 100$<br>the best memory is around 90$ (333)<br>not a bad up grade for 250$<br>See ya on the other side soon<br>Elf<br>Iwill XP333-R<br>Kingmax 333 5ns tiny BGA<br>duron 800 (free ) and they sould be!<br>alfa pal 6035 delta fan 6000 RPM screamer.<br>enermax 465<br>AIW Radeon 32meg 6ns<br>action tec hardware PCI modem.<br>say good by to your ISA cards (waving by by)<br>HD WD<br>HP CD burner<br>DVDs<br>SS7 systems getting dusty for now.<br> <p></p><i></i>
io333
K6'er Elite

i don't think so

Post by io333 »

i do a lot of audio recording & it sounds to me like a pure software issue. Aureal is a little bit dead. I would say it's time for a new sound card. If I were to build a box for someone else just for sound, I would use an Asus Intel chipset motherboard. It's what all the pro sound equipment mfrs test their stuff on. <br><br>For myself however, I just use K7 stuff. As long as I use only the "standard dual PCI IDE controller" and never some k7 chipset manufacturers IDE drivers, i never have any problems. <p></p><i></i>