Need my account deleted, and Presario 1255 notebook question

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
io333-1
Newbie K6'er

Need my account deleted, and Presario 1255 notebook question

Post by io333-1 »

Hi all, long time no k6!

Two questions:
1. Can someone please delete the io333 account so I can recreate the account? My old password doesn't seem to have survived the software switchover and I have no idea what email address it is supposed to be tied to. I'd like to have it back, but the board won't let me have it.

2. Does anyone know anything about a Compaq Presario 1255 notebook? One has just dropped into my lap. Right now it has a k6-2/333 in it and I'd like to stick a K6-2+ or K6-3 into it so it can run XP. I assume I'll probably have to go with the k6-3 due to voltage issues, bios issues, etc.

And oh yea,

BLUE HAS A SMALL WEE-WEE!
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Hey io. Read this thread.

Nice seeing you again, let me know if you need any more help. :)
io333
K6'er Elite

Post by io333 »

Oh. OK. Please don't delete my account then!
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Just how much is your account worth to you.. :o
Jonnywizard
K6'er

Post by Jonnywizard »

http://www.mgrudkin.clara.net/

I think this should be posted somewhere on this site for other people because I think I have posted this link before.

I'm pretty sure that the information you need is there as far as dip switch settings and all.

oh, Good to see you.
io333
K6'er Elite

Post by io333 »

Wow! Nice link! I couldn't have imagined that such a thing existed. I just looked at the standard k6 compatability list, didn't see the 1255 listed, and figured I was going to be delving into the insides at my own risk.

I tore the thing apart today -- wow laptops are a PITA to take apart. I saw all the dips and thought there should be some hope of getting a real processor in the thing.

Naturally I tore a 6wire thing going into the LCD. Probably for power or some such. It looked like it was close to dying anyway, so I'll have to hack something together to replace it.

So many screws! I hope I manage to get enough back into it to hold it all together.

Oh also the power connector is hosed, which is why I was given the laptop in the first place. I still havn't managed to get the motherboard out. I ran out of time. I probably won't be able to get to this thing until next weekend, but I figure with a K6-III in it, bumped to 160 megs of ram, it should run XP as well as anything. Heck, I put XP on a K6-2/333 desktop once (with 160megs ram and a *slow* HD) and it is still running pretty well to this day.

It's nice to be back in K6land!
blue
Site Admin

Post by blue »

"BLUE HAS A SMALL WEE-WEE!"

its true, I do have a small no-no spot
p3 1ghz laptop
geforce2 go
256mb ram