Software to duplicate a hard drive/hard drives?

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
His Royal Majesty King V
Veteran K6'er

Software to duplicate a hard drive/hard drives?

Post by His Royal Majesty King V »

All,

Ok, I remember asking something along these lines before in the old forum, but here goes, since I can't find that info anymore.

I've currently got 2 hard drives in my system, and they're set up as follows:

Drive 1: 8056 MB
FAT32 - 3004 MB - Drive C
FAT32 - 3506 MB - Drive D
FAT32 - 1545 MB - Drive E

Drive 2: 2014 MB
ext3 - 1203 MB
ext3 - 811 MB

Don't remember which mount points are anchored in the Linux drive (drive 2).

Anyway, I want to install a larger hard drive to take the place of the two existing ones. I want to duplicate everything in Drive C, D and E so that I can boot the system and so forth from the new drive. I also want to be able to duplicate the Linux partitions, though I know I'll have to do a little work to reassign the mount points and all....

But all of this will be dumped to a new hard drive that's 12GB, I'll probably make one of the FAT32 partitions and one of the ext3 partitions a bit bigger than it currently is.

Is there freeware or at least trial-ware out there that will do this?

Worst case, I plan to wipe and reinstall the linux partition anyway, so the most important part is really to duplicate the Windows information so that I can boot to windows from the new drive.

Also, the master boot record has lilo on it, I'll need that carried over as well if possible.

Thanks!
FIC PA-2103 E-O036, K6-2+ 450 2.0V @ 500 1.9V
FIC PA-2013 E-O036, K6-III 450 2.2V @ 500
Acer quasi-proprietary Mid-tower, P-II 266
jsc1973
Veteran K6'er

Post by jsc1973 »

I used a program called DriveCopy to do that the last time I upgraded hard drives (back when I won a new Maxtor on this site :D ). Someone gave it to me, but I am sure it was warez.

You can grab a copy for $2 on fleabay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3806