Web design question.....

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
His Royal Majesty King V
Veteran K6'er

Web design question.....

Post by His Royal Majesty King V »

All,

I'm trying to do something with a web page, and was wondering if it was possible.

Basically, I'm right now dividing up the page into 3 sections, using the DIV tags.

First part is about 180 pixels high, across the top

The rest of the page is divided as a narrow column on the left, and the main section on the right.

The left is a menu-bar sort of setup, much like K6Plus! has.

What I want to do is have the menu stay there, and each item will change what's on the right. However, I have the following caveats:

1) I do NOT want to use frames.

2) I do NOT have access to SSI (Server Side Includes), so I can't use the <!--#include file="filename.html" --> technique.

Is there any way to do what I want without having to copy-paste the left-side menu-bar into every file?

Thanks in advance
FIC PA-2103 E-O036, K6-2+ 450 2.0V @ 500 1.9V
FIC PA-2013 E-O036, K6-III 450 2.2V @ 500
Acer quasi-proprietary Mid-tower, P-II 266
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

Without using PHP's include I don't know how you'd go about it. Perhaps consider switching hosts to one that allows it, it should be a standard feature really..

When K6Plus first started out at 50megs.com we didn't have PHP at all and were paying more per month for the ad removal thing there than a much better host costs.
His Royal Majesty KingV

PHP, I think they have that....

Post by His Royal Majesty KingV »

PHP includes?

I'm doing this for my cousin . . I *do* know that they have PHP available to them, but not SSI.

How does it work with PHP includes?
His Royal Majesty King V
Veteran K6'er

Post by His Royal Majesty King V »

Hmph . . I'm not me in the above post. Guess that's what I get for not logging in properly! :?
FIC PA-2103 E-O036, K6-2+ 450 2.0V @ 500 1.9V
FIC PA-2013 E-O036, K6-III 450 2.2V @ 500
Acer quasi-proprietary Mid-tower, P-II 266