Sourcing parts

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
theEMP
Senior K6'er

Sourcing parts

Post by theEMP »

Where do most of the K6plus folks source parts from? Ebay mostly or have you had good luck with freecycle and thrift stores and places like that?
Uranium235
Senior K6'er

Post by Uranium235 »

I acquire most of my K6 and socket 7 hardware from Ebay but some things I've had for years. Some internet venders, but not many, still sell some K6 hardware but they're usually overpriced. You may get lucky and find some older hardware at a Computer fair or flea market.
theEMP
Senior K6'er

Post by theEMP »

well I have a friend that is cleaning out some older gear I think some K6 goodies may be in my near future.... :D
candle_86
Newbie K6'er

Post by candle_86 »

i find mind at a local shop, he trows away skt7 and slot 1 stuff, doesnt see any use in tring to sell it, i wish hed get a K6-III
theEMP
Senior K6'er

Post by theEMP »

not to knock this one off topic but don't overlook some slot-1 stuff... you could find a slocket and make it work for you.
tazwegion
Veteran K6'er

Post by tazwegion »

I usually find such stuff @ swapmeets (enthusiast flea markets), eBay, people tossing out their old PC gear/upgrading OR in the clearance bin @ a PC builder's store ;)

Speaking of which... I may soon inherit a 80386 class system as part of an upgrade exchange deal for one of my refurbished PC's (1Ghz Celeron Netvista), should net me a few needed dollars too into the bargain :D

* gets nostalgic over a 386 *
theEMP
Senior K6'er

Post by theEMP »

yeah they don't really have swap meets in this neck of the woods that I know of, flea market yes (overpriced 9 times out of 10).

386... :shock: Whatcha gonna get that thing to do for ya Taz?