Looking for particular ss7 mobo....

Discussion relating to Socket 7 hardware.
Stedman5040
Veteran K6'er

Post by Stedman5040 »

@Kalabok

I have a TMC Ti5VGF and a TMC Ti5VGA board. Both have 2mb cache. I can flash the bios on the VGF board to work with K6+ cpu's using the Freeway beta bios which is available on Jan's site. However when I try to flash the VGA board to work with K6+ cpu's using the bios from Jan's site I get big problems like the floppy drives not being recognised. To recover the board I had to hot flash the bios back.

By the way both of my boards have 2 chips for the cache. One on the front and one on the back of the board.

It would be interesting to see if your board can work properly with the latest TI5VGA bios. What Bios version do you have on your board?

Stedman.
kalabok
Senior K6'er

Post by kalabok »

uh,

you got me wrong, stedman, sorry. i was just looking around on ebay - and found that board. i dont need k6 rigs anymore, i gave the ali7 to my room mate and with the sis540 i dont know what to do.
does anybody need it? selling for free. shipping half me half you.
kalabok
Senior K6'er

Post by kalabok »

everytime surprising new things.
look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECS-CYRIX-MEDIAGX-M ... dZViewItem

onboard cyrix cpu ... never thought there were onboard atx solutions for socket 7 ...

and (!):

THE CHIPSET ON THIS BOARD IS GEODE CS5530A-UCE AND NATIONAL SUPER I/O CHIP VS9930AG