Hello everyone!!! and Greeting to all my SS7 friends!!

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
topaz777
Newbie K6'er

Post by topaz777 »

I can't express how happy I am to find this site still here after all this time! I couldn't be happier!

Many years ago (While the SS7 time was at its peak) I was too strapped for cash and trying to make a living during what I thought was the one of the best times in PC history.

I now finally have the $$$ and time to have some fun and build my SS7 collection I just bought (all at once!) off of eBay four (4) SS7 boards (all new!)

2ea FIC VA-503+ ;)
1ea Microstar / MSI MS-5169 ver4 (the only version that runs K6+) ;)
1ea Soyo SY-5EMA PRO

I am now having my first SS7 Orgy! ;) ;) ;)

I have a Voodoo 3 -3000AGP and a Radon 7000SE, (don't worry, I wont put the V3 on the 503+s I know about the voltage issue) ;)

**any recommends on other cards for the rest????**

I also collect and repair/modify Atari computers (800/800XL/130XE..etc). I have 28 of them!
Anyone out there have Atari 8-bits? too?

Sincerely Topaz.
Sphere478
Newbie K6'er

Re: Hello everyone!!! and Greeting to all my SS7 friends!!

Post by Sphere478 »

Hello!! Welcome! I’m also new :-) sorry no one replied. Seems kinda quiet around here. Might liven up with the surge of retro builds these days again in time though.

You could also try more modern faster cards and try a glide wrapper.

I’m going to be doing pci on my build. A 5500, 6200, and gt610 are my options. I’m going to try a glide wrapper. If all else fails I source a voodoo but for the moment I’m trying to avoid it.