savage 4 MeTaL/OGL/DirectX problems

Discussion relating to Socket 7 hardware.
Cryptokid
K6'er

savage 4 MeTaL/OGL/DirectX problems

Post by Cryptokid »

right.. <br>i got a s3 savage4 8mb agp card set to agp2x, with sidebanding. and in UT i get like 4 FPS. in d3d its 4 fps, metal 4 fps open gl its about 35 fps but the display is all corrupted <br>i heard using a diamond card with MeTaL in ut i should be getting some wicked frame rate. but i dont understand what im doing wrong.i have tried 3 diffrent driver sets, i have tpyed around with game settings and what-not. and when i try to run Ut in MeTaL api it gives me this error <br>" the procedure entry point DDHAL32_VidMEMFree could not be located in the dynamic link library DDRAW.DLL" <br>any thoughts on this guys? <br>w2k sp2 <br>ss7 ali chipset mobo <br>k6-3 632 <br>128mb 2-2-2 <br>generic isa audio @ 18mhz isa clock <br>10GB hdd/3.4GB hdd for swapfile and temp files <br>48X cdrom that reads at 36X as tested by sandra <br> <p></p><i></i>
io333
K6'er Elite

Re: savage 4 MeTaL/OGL/DirectX problems

Post by io333 »

1. go to the windows update site -- there's an updated Savage4 driver.<br><br>2. try reinstalling DX8. I had a corrupt DX7 file once that was giving me absurdly low frame rates in OpenGL & it took me *weeks* to figure that out 'cause OpenGL & directX weren't supposed to affect each other much. <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Cryptokid
K6'er

Re: savage 4 MeTaL/OGL/DirectX problems

Post by Cryptokid »

yes.. i have the upfdated driver.<br>i did reinstall dx..<br>i will giveup on this. fater all its my dads computer, and he deosnt even play games. only 2d things like the internet or ms word. <p></p><i></i>