Fun at the movies

Off topic chat and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Jonnywizard
K6'er

Fun at the movies

Post by Jonnywizard »

Fargo police surround theater, arrest two
By Amy Dalrymple

The Forum - 07/16/2003

Fargo Police culminated a three-hour stakeout late Tuesday with the arrest of two people suspected in a drug deal.

About 20 Fargo police officers surrounded West Acres Cinema after 9 p.m., waiting to arrest one or two individuals inside the theater.

Sgt. Dean Mueller confirmed early Wednesday that a man and a woman were in custody. The male was believed to have been injured in the arrest, but police would not confirm that.

After the arrests, police searched the 14-theater complex for a weapon or weapons.

Mueller said undercover agents attempted to apprehend two people after 9 p.m. in southwest Fargo. When officers attempted to arrest the two, the suspects backed into the undercover vehicle and sped away.

The car was later spotted in the theater parking lot and impounded. Fargo police surrounded the building, waiting to make an arrest.

Theater staff were notified of the situation, but police did not search the building while there were movie patrons inside.

One of the suspects was believed to be armed with a handgun.

Sgt. Joel Vettel said police were doing the best they could to ensure the safety of everyone in the theater.

In addition to Fargo Police, including a K-9 unit, the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Cass County Sheriff’s Department were on hand, as was an ambulance and special SWAT team vehicle.

Oh, yeah, I'm the manager at the theatre. Sorry, I guess should have said that.
Last edited by Jonnywizard on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nohr
Nohrmal

Post by Nohr »

In case others don't know, Jonny here works at the theater mentioned in the story.
Wiggy
Senior K6'er

Post by Wiggy »

I see. I was begining to wonder......
endmilled
Junior K6'er

Post by endmilled »

As long as were on the subject of having things in common with this article... I work for Forum Communications. The company who owns the paper it appeared in. Oh, and I went to the West Acres Cinema all the time when I lived in Fargo during my college years. Okay I done. :roll:
Jonnywizard
K6'er

Post by Jonnywizard »

endmilled wrote:As long as were on the subject of having things in common with this article... I work for Forum Communications. The company who owns the paper it appeared in. Oh, and I went to the West Acres Cinema all the time when I lived in Fargo during my college years. Okay I done. :roll:

OK, that's just too wierd.
thetempleoflove
Junior K6'er

ND

Post by thetempleoflove »

Hi Y'all,
I was born in ND... :oops:
lived in Oxford, England (apart from college etc.) since 1970.

I think I have a copy of a community magazine called "July, August and Winter" somewhere.

Ges.